The following 4 videos and instructions by Tom Nardone of ExtremePumpkins.com show you how to do just that!
What you need:
- One ugly, odd-shaped pumpkin
- Several non-toxic glow sticks (at least 5)
- Drywall saw
- Heavy-duty scissors or garden shears
- Ice cream scoop
- Pumpkin carving tools (or a jigsaw)
- Dry erase markers
How to do it:
- Gut the pumpkin from the top (or bottom if the top is the best looking part of the pumpkin) using a drywall knife.
- Use an ice cream scoop to remove the seeds and strings from the inside of your pumpkin, as well as from the lid of your pumpkin.
- Draw a ‘radioactive’ symbol on your pumpkin using a dry erase marker.
- Then, draw your pumpkin’s facial features below that — as if the pumpkin is looking up at the radioactive mess.
- Using a pumpkin carving tool (or a jigsaw), start carving out along the lines you’ve drawn.
- Next, shave off some of the pumpkin skin from the pupils of your pumpkin’s eyeballs by lightly scraping the skin off the surface of the pumpkin, or use a dremel.
- One-by-one, break and then shake a few glow sticks to activate their glow. Place one or 2 entire glow sticks inside the pumpkin to illuminate your pumpkin face from afar.
- Finally, break, shake, and the cut the top off of a couple more glow sticks so you can pour the goo down the outside of your pumpkin’s face — working from top to bottom.
Step-by-step video instructions:
Now, see how to carve your own radioactive glowing pumpkin using these step-by-step videos: