If you’re going to hang a traditional pinata indoors, then make sure that you have lots of wide open space — such as a basement — otherwise, your home decor could get in the way when your party guests are swinging away.
Pinatas aren’t that expensive to buy, but it’s a lot more fun to make your own. You can also involve the kids in this fun craft project.
Following are step-by-step instructions for making a variety of pinatas…
How To Make A Pinata
- A balloon, paper bag, or box – whatever you plan to use as your pinata base
- Glue – either Elmer’s glue, or make a flour & water mixture
- Newspaper – lots of it… torn into strips roughly 1-inch wide by 3-inches long, or longer
- String – to hang the pinata
- Candy or small toys – to fill the pinata with
- Decorating materials of your choice – crepe paper, tissue paper, streamers, scissors, etc.
Tutorials, Tips & Instructions
The step-by-step instructions vary, depending on the size and shape of paper mache pinata you would like to make.
Here are a bunch of fun pinatas…
Take your pick!
Don’t miss these helpful Pinata Tips & Tricks.