This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
When I was a kid, my friends and I used to like to dress up as a group for Halloween. We’d pick a theme such as a favorite cartoon or movie, and then pick characters from it that we would all dress up as and go out trick-or-treating — as a group.
These days, lots of adults have fun dressing up as group for Halloween, or as a couple.
If you’ll be going to a Halloween party (or two), then you’ll probably want to dress up. Finding some unique and interesting group Halloween costumes is one way to make the evening even more exciting for you and your friends.
Following are some amazing ideas for one-of-a-kind group Halloween costumes for adults and kids that you can buy (if it’s last-minute)… or make yourself (if you have a little bit of time)!
Pirates of the Caribbean is a great group costume idea. Pirates can be particularly fun and give you the opportunity to break out all those funky scarves you’ve got buried in your sock drawer. The cool thing about dressing up as a pirate is nearly everyone has scarves, and gold loop earrings, and a pair of black boots. And whatever you’re missing, there are lots of unique pirate accessories online. This is one of the easier costumes to put together quickly.
DIY Group Pirate Costume Ideas:
- Make Your Own Pirate Costume — everything you need from head to toe.
- Coolest DIY Pirate Costumes — see how to make them all yourself.
- How To Make An Adult Male Pirate Costume — instructions for making costumes for the guys in your group.
- DIY Pirate Costume Ideas — homemade tips from a group of adults.
DIY Pacman Group Costume Ideas:
- Homemade PacMan Group Costume Ideas
- Make A Pacman & Ghosts Group Costume
- Homemade Pac Man Costume Ideas
- How To Make A Pacman & Ghosts Costume
- Advanced Level Pac Man Costume Instructions
- Homemade Group PacMan Costume
- How To Make A Pacman Arcade Game Costume (here’s how to make the frame)
DIY Superhero Group Costume Ideas:
- How To Create A Superhero
- Make Your Own Superhero Costumes
- Create Your Own Superhero From Scratch
- DIY Superhero Costume Ideas
- Make The Incredibles Costumes For Your Entire Family
DIY Barbie Costume Ideas:
- Cool Barbie & Ken Costume Ideas
- How To Make A Barbie In A Box Costume
- Make A Dead Barbie Costume For Halloween
- DIY Barbie Costume Ideas
- Basic Tips For Making A Barbie Doll Costume
- Homemade Barbie & Ken Costume Ideas
DIY Crayon Costume Ideas:
- Coolest Homemade Crayon Costume Ideas
- Make A Crayon Costume Using A Sweatsuit
- DIY Crayola Costume Ideas
- How To Make Crayon Costumes Out Of Dresses
- Crayola Crayon Costume Template
- How To Make A Child’s Crayon Halloween Costume
- Video Instructions For Making A Crayon Costume
DIY Gangster Costume Ideas:
- How To Dress Up Like A Gangster
- Coolest Homemade Gangster Costume Ideas
- Make Your Own Flapper Costume
- 1920’s Fashion Ideas
- DIY Gangster Halloween Costume Ideas
- Items Needed For Gangster Costumes
- How To Host A Roaring 20’s Party
but most people choose characters from the popular Disney animated movies such as the Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Toy Story or the Lion King — to name a few.
DIY Disney Character Costume Ideas:
- Coolest Homemade Disney Costume Ideas
- 50 DIY Disney Costumes
- How To Make A Fairy Godmother Costume
- 9 Disney Inspired Costumes & Accessories
- 10 Disney Costumes Sitting In Your Closet
DIY Harry Potter Costume Ideas:
- How To Make A Magical Wizard’s Hat And Wand
- DIY Hermione Granger & Harry Potter Costumes
- Coolest Homemade Harry Potter Costume Ideas
- How To Make A Harry Potter Costume
- Make A Professor McGonagall Costume
- How To Make A Hermione Granger Costume
- Create Your Own Harry Potter Costume
Coneheads group costume is another one of my personal favorites. If you haven’t seen the Coneheads movie, just one viewing should give you lots of ideas for how to dress up like a Conehead. Of course, there are also all the old Saturday Night Live skits as well — which is where the idea for the movie originally came from. The best part is that Conehead costumes are also relatively easy to make. Along these same lines, don’t overlook The Simpsons… all you need is a bald head painted yellow and some Simpson eyeballs!
DIY Coneheads Or Simpsons Costume Ideas:
- How To Make A Bart Simpson Costume
- Make A Conehead Halloween Costume
- Coolest Homemade Simpsons Costume Ideas
- Marge Simpson Costume Tips
- How To Make A Lisa Simpson Halloween Costume
- Maggie Simpson Costume Ideas
DIY Wizard Of Oz Costume Ideas:
- How To Make A Scarecrow Costume
- Coolest Homemade Wizard Of Oz Couples & Group Costume Ideas
- Tips For Dressing Up Like Dorothy From The Wizard of Oz
- Make A Scary Witch Costume
- Everything You Need For A Tin Man Costume
- How To Make A Dorothy Wizard Of Oz Costume
- Make A Costume Like Toto The Wizard Of Oz Dog
- Step-By-Step Instructions For The Cowardly Lion Costume
- How To Make A Wizard of Oz House Costume
Even More Group Halloween Costume Ideas
If none of the above ideas strikes your fancy, you’re sure to find lots more here. Following are the best places to find group Halloween costume ideas… there are literally hundreds!:
Coolest Group Halloween Costume Ideas
Really Awesome Couples Costumes 50 Couples Halloween Costumes That Rock
If there is ONE thing I like… it's C H A N G E! The four seasons and major holidays are my favorite times of the year to recharge — and redecorate. I mostly like to share frugal DIY ideas for seasonal home decorating and party planning (for both, indoors and outside). Because who doesn't enjoy entertaining at home?! But even if you don't host many parties, I think you'll appreciate my DIY hacks and clever ways to decorate your house for the major holidays including Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Because those are the times when people tend to have the most visitors and overnight houseguests.