This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
It’s never too early to start planning for the perfect gift for Dad on Father’s Day.
For some reason, dads always get a little slighted each year. Here’s why.
Did You Know?
The National Retail Federation estimates that U.S. consumers will spend $23.6 billion (or $186.39 apiece) on Mother’s Day this year. Last year, however, the NRF put Father’s Day spending at $14.3 billion, or $125.92 per person. Source
Clever Father’s Day Gift Ideas
Of course, everyone knows that the #1 hottest gift idea for men this year is Jack Black For Men (hair & grooming products). I’m not kidding!
But, if you’re looking for something a little different — something that would appeal to the adventure-seeker in him — consider these one-of-a-kind gift ideas for Dad:
- Private Tour and Tasting at an Award-Winning Craft Whiskey Distillery in Brooklyn ($80)
- Cheese Tasting in the Cave of Artisanal Fromagerie Led by Renowned Cheese Masters ($99)
- Tandem Paragliding Flight With an Expert Instructor ($200)
- The Art of Sushi Making With a Katsuya Alum ($225)
- Soar Over San Francisco in Sunset Seaplane Coastal Tour ($250)
- Hudson River Flight Training Experience ($299)
- Classic Cocktail Lesson by Master Mixologist Dushan Zaric ($300)
- Quarterback Camp With Former 49er & Superbowl Champ ($500)
- Drone-Flying Lesson ($600)
- Private Tour of Lakers Locker Room With Sports Insider ($750)
- Fighter Pilot Training ($1500)
Even More Adventure Gifts For Dad
Of course there are many more “personal experience” gifts to choose from. There are a few companies that specialize in adventure gifts:
- Xperience Days has some of the most creative gift ideas on the planet! They’ve got something for every Dad with a sense of adventure. Choose your category: Airborne, Driving, Food & Wine, Tours & Activities, Water.
- Cloud 9 Living has more than 2,000 different adventure gift packages for Dads. Their unique gifts will make Father’s Day more exciting and memorable than ever! Choose your category: Driving, Flying, Golfing, Sailing, Action & Adventure, Food Tours, City Tours, Wine & Beer, Spa.
Still Need More Father’s Day Gift Ideas?
Personally, I think the best Fathers Day gift is a grill. It’s something he’ll surely enjoy, and something that you can use too! (That’s what I got Jim last year.)
Here are some more Father’s Day gift ideas from other experts:
- 25 Father’s Day Gifts From AskMen
- Amazon’s Best Sellers For Father’s Day
- 36 Best Father’s Day Gifts From Brostrick
- 53 Father’s Day Gift Ideas From Real Simple
- Father’s Day Tech Gift Guide From CNet
- 30 Cool Gifts For Dads From Cosmopolitan
- 36 Gifts Dad Will Love From Country Living
If there is ONE thing I like… it's C H A N G E! The four seasons and major holidays are my favorite times of the year to recharge — and redecorate. I mostly like to share frugal DIY ideas for seasonal home decorating and party planning (for both, indoors and outside). Because who doesn't enjoy entertaining at home?! But even if you don't host many parties, I think you'll appreciate my DIY hacks and clever ways to decorate your house for the major holidays including Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Because those are the times when people tend to have the most visitors and overnight houseguests.