(And I’ve seen a lot of scary Halloween foods!)
The best part…
As gross as these foods look, they’re all 100% edible!
Gross Halloween Recipes
First, here are a few of my favorite gross Halloween recipes to try:
- Brain Drain – combine sour apple martini mix with one part vodka. Add a fake plastic brain for the gruesome effect.
Here’s the Brain Drain recipe.
- Meat Feet or Meat Hand – meatloaf shaped like a large monster foot with odd-shaped nuts for the toenails and ketchup for blood. be sure to add a knife (or cleaver!) half-way sticking into the “foot” for added effect. It’s truly disgusting looking!
Here’s the Meat Feet recipe and the Meat Hand recipe.
- Bugs In A Blanket – breadstick dough, mini sausages, shoestring potatoes, and ketchup.
Here’s the Bugs In A Blanket recipe.
- Meat Head On A Platter – use ham and cream cheese (or prosciutto and mozzarella cheese) to mold it into the shape of a skull. Then add cranberry juice for that coagulated gel-like look.
Here are some great recipes: Meat Head on a Platter #1, Meat Head on a Platter #2, Meat Head on A Platter #3, and Meat Head on a Platter #4.
This next video shows how to make a Bleeding Zombie Brain using strawberry jello, cooking spray, grenadine, corn syrup, red & green food coloring, unflavored gelatin, evaporated milk, and water:
This next gross Halloween recipe shows how to make Fake Intestines using sausage casing and spaghetti:
Semi-Spooky Halloween Recipes
Next up are some Halloween recipes that aren’t quite as gross, but they’re still a bit creepy (…and FUN!) nonetheless.
In this video, see how to make Eyeball Bites using fresh vegetables (like cucumbers, carrots, and cherry tomatoes), cream cheese, and black olives:
This next video shows how to make Severed Witches Fingers using parmesan cheese, refrigerated breadstick dough, red pepper, green pepper, and some marinara sauce:
And finally, see how to make a Spider Dip Bowl using loaves of frozen bread dough:
More Creepy Halloween Recipes
Supplies For Making Gross Halloween Foods
- Jelly Brain Mold (for making a Jello Brain)
- Hand In Lab Jar
- Plastic Brain
- Fake Hand
- Skeleton Skull
- Apothecary Jar
- Other Halloween Props
If there is ONE thing I like… it's C H A N G E! The four seasons and major holidays are my favorite times of the year to recharge — and redecorate. I mostly like to share frugal DIY ideas for seasonal home decorating and party planning (for both, indoors and outside). Because who doesn't enjoy entertaining at home?! But even if you don't host many parties, I think you'll appreciate my DIY hacks and clever ways to decorate your house for the major holidays including Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Because those are the times when people tend to have the most visitors and overnight houseguests.