(And I’ve seen a lot of scary Halloween foods!)
The best part…
As gross as these foods look, they’re all 100% edible!
Gross Halloween Recipes
First, here are a few of my favorite gross Halloween recipes to try:
- Brain Drain – combine sour apple martini mix with one part vodka. Add a fake plastic brain for the gruesome effect.
Here’s the Brain Drain recipe.
- Meat Feet or Meat Hand – meatloaf shaped like a large monster foot with odd-shaped nuts for the toenails and ketchup for blood. be sure to add a knife (or cleaver!) half-way sticking into the “foot” for added effect. It’s truly disgusting looking!
Here’s the Meat Feet recipe and the Meat Hand recipe.
- Bugs In A Blanket – breadstick dough, mini sausages, shoestring potatoes, and ketchup.
Here’s the Bugs In A Blanket recipe.
- Meat Head On A Platter – use ham and cream cheese (or prosciutto and mozzarella cheese) to mold it into the shape of a skull. Then add cranberry juice for that coagulated gel-like look.
Here are some great recipes: Meat Head on a Platter #1, Meat Head on a Platter #2, Meat Head on A Platter #3, and Meat Head on a Platter #4.
This next video shows how to make a Bleeding Zombie Brain using strawberry jello, cooking spray, grenadine, corn syrup, red & green food coloring, unflavored gelatin, evaporated milk, and water:
This next gross Halloween recipe shows how to make Fake Intestines using sausage casing and spaghetti:
Semi-Spooky Halloween Recipes
Next up are some Halloween recipes that aren’t quite as gross, but they’re still a bit creepy (…and FUN!) nonetheless.
In this video, see how to make Eyeball Bites using fresh vegetables (like cucumbers, carrots, and cherry tomatoes), cream cheese, and black olives:
This next video shows how to make Severed Witches Fingers using parmesan cheese, refrigerated breadstick dough, red pepper, green pepper, and some marinara sauce:
And finally, see how to make a Spider Dip Bowl using loaves of frozen bread dough:
More Creepy Halloween Recipes
Supplies For Making Gross Halloween Foods
- Jelly Brain Mold (for making a Jello Brain)
- Hand In Lab Jar
- Plastic Brain
- Fake Hand
- Skeleton Skull
- Apothecary Jar
- Other Halloween Props
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).