Don’t do what everyone else is doing for Halloween this year.
Instead, try to get a little bit creative and come up with a fun Halloween costume yourself.
The following video provides some great tips for creating your own one-of-a-kind Halloween costume.
Some highlights from the video:
- Play on words. A clever or trendy term or phrase could inspire a really unique Halloween costume. For example, explore the banished words for the year (likesexting or tweet), or the newest additions to the dictionary (like bromance or tramp stamp).
- Pull from current events. Use celebrity gossip, celebrity blogs, news sites, movies and other cultural happenings as your inspiration to create a Halloween costume based on someone famous who’s in the news.
- Think outside the box. Try to come up with a creative Halloween costume that personifies non-human things or events (like weather, signs, trends, etc.) or an abstract feeling or emotion (like happy, bankrupt, hungry, etc.)
- Consider a group costume instead. A group costume can save you and your friends a bunch time and money — because what works for one will work for all!
- Turn the act of coming up with a unique Halloween costume into a game. Even if you don’t get other friends involved, this can be a fun way to quickly put together the best Halloween costume from the resources that are immediately available to you. Just turn it into a challenge!
- Simplicity is king. There’s no need to brainstorm for days over a Halloween costume, when you could simply dress the part of a hobby or activity that you already do on a regular basis (like golfing, crafting, bike riding, or weightlifting).
And now, for the visuals associated with each of these ideas, check out the video: